In power conversion, fast switching combined with high efficiency enables small size, low weight, and lower system cost. To achieve this, we need to consider the choice of topology, power switch, and magnetic materials. Soft-switching techniques, coupled with novel gallium-nitride (GaN) power ICs and updated high-frequency-optimized transformers and inductors, offer a way to boost the efficiency and power density in ac-dc converters...
Register or Sign in below to download the full article in .PDF format, including high-resolution graphics and schematics when applicable.
Register for Complete Access (Valid Email Required)
By registering on Electronic Design now, you'll not only gain access to premium content, you'll also become part of a robust engineering community. Gain access to the complete 2016 Salary & Career Report when you register now.
Joining the Electronic Design community also allows you to:
- Become a member of a group of exclusive Engineers
- Participate in Expert and Reader driven Q&A's
- Start your own conversation by commenting on any article or blog
- Communicate and network with other Engineers from all over the world
- Gain access to high-quality content