11 Myths About Using an RTOS in IoT Devices (.PDF Download)

According to the 2015 UBM Embedded Developer survey, more than 60% of current projects include real-time capabilities, more than a third include a GUI, and more than 70% report using an RTOS or scheduler of some kind. Among the remaining 30% who didn't use an RTOS, the main reason for not using one (79%) was that the application didn't need it. But myths prevail about the reasons for using (or not using) an RTOS. Here are our top 11 myths...

Register or Sign in below to download the full article in .PDF format, including high-resolution graphics and schematics when applicable.

Register for Complete Access (Valid Email Required)

2016 salary survey

By registering on Electronic Design now, you'll not only gain access to premium content, you'll also become part of a robust engineering community. Gain access to the complete 2016 Salary & Career Report when you register now.

Joining the Electronic Design community also allows you to:

  • Become a member of a group of exclusive Engineers
  • Participate in Expert and Reader driven Q&A's
  • Start your own conversation by commenting on any article or blog
  • Communicate and network with other Engineers from all over the world
  • Gain access to high-quality content

Already registered? here.
Understanding the AirPods' Rise
Q&A: What’s New in the Wireless Audio Market? Interview with Jawad Haider, Marvell Semiconductor Read Now
What's New
Electronic Design's Products of the Week By Electronic Design Staff Read Now
Fusing Sensors
TDK Swears by Sensor Fusion in $1.3 Billion Deal for InvenSenseBy James Morra New Products Read Now
Search Parts Fast

Search by number or manufacturer

 

powered by:

 

Connect With Us

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×