According to the 2015 UBM Embedded Developer survey, more than 60% of current projects include real-time capabilities, more than a third include a GUI, and more than 70% report using an RTOS or scheduler of some kind. Among the remaining 30% who didn't use an RTOS, the main reason for not using one (79%) was that the application didn't need it. But myths prevail about the reasons for using (or not using) an RTOS. Here are our top 11 myths...
Register or Sign in below to download the full article in .PDF format, including high-resolution graphics and schematics when applicable.
Register for Complete Access (Valid Email Required)
By registering on Electronic Design now, you'll not only gain access to premium content, you'll also become part of a robust engineering community. Gain access to the complete 2016 Salary & Career Report when you register now.
Joining the Electronic Design community also allows you to:
- Become a member of a group of exclusive Engineers
- Participate in Expert and Reader driven Q&A's
- Start your own conversation by commenting on any article or blog
- Communicate and network with other Engineers from all over the world
- Gain access to high-quality content