Virtually every electronic product requires at least one precision timing circuit. Many devices require as many as 10 separate clocks. The typical smart phone or tablet has up to five oscillators. Up until recently, these precision timing circuits were based on quartz crystal resonators. That’s now rapidly changing.
Register or Sign in below to download the full article in .PDF format, including high resolution graphics and schematics.
Register for Complete Access (Valid Email Required)
By registering on Electronic Design now, you'll not only gain access to premium content, you'll also become part of a robust engineering community. Gain access to the complete 2016 Salary & Career Report when you register now.
Joining the Electronic Design community also allows you to:
- Become a member of a group of exclusive Engineers
- Participate in Expert and Reader driven Q&A's
- Start your own conversation by commenting on any article or blog
- Communicate and network with other Engineers from all over the world
- Gain access to high-quality content